Transportation[Long Island University Pool] 161 Ashland Place, Brooklyn, NY 11201
Enter at 161 Ashland Place between Dekalb & Willoughby
Entering the facility
Please take the elevator to level c and take a left through the white doors. Proceed down the hallway and make a right through the blue double doors leading directly onto the pool deck. Note: families are not permitted to enter through locker rooms. No one may enter opposite sex locker rooms, including parents and caregivers. With this in mind, we have provided changing tents on the pool deck to accommodate any families affected by this policy.
Seating for families and caregivers is located on deck along the white benches.
Please note: Class times at this location are subject to change, due to LIU's changing practice schedule and pool usage.
All rules are enforced by the LIU staff.
- Imagine students are not permitted to change or shower in the facility locker rooms.
- Students, parents, and caregivers must use same-sex bathrooms.
- Changing tents are provided on deck, in lieu of locker rooms. Imagine swimmers are required to change in these tents before and after lessons.
- All students must use the pool deck shower to rinse before class.
- Hallways behind pool must remain clear - families are only permitted to sit on the benches.
- Imagine families are not permitted to sit in the PT area (at the bottom of the stairs).
- No horseplay in the hallways.
- Strollers are not permitted on the pool deck. They must be left in the hallway against the wall so that they are not obstructing the hall.
- Please do not bring any sort of food, glass, or open containers. The facility requires that all beverages must be in plastic containers with a lid on them.
- Swimming caps must be worn by all swimmers.
|Tuesday:||4:20pm - 6:20pm|
|Wednesday:||4:20pm - 6:20pm|
|Sunday:||10:20am - 1:40pm|
The pool is suited for ages 3 years & up.
Please note: This pool is kept around 80 degrees. A wetsuit is recommended for students who may be sensitive to cooler water.